[H-GEN] 2g switch off

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Thu Dec 8 04:00:52 EST 2016

On Thu, 2016-12-08 at 08:14 +0000, Clinton Roy wrote:
> The linked story doesn't have any details, but given the timing, it
> seems like they didn't have any transition plan in place.

It gave enough details:

    “To our embarrassment, there was another piece of hardware that was
    required in addition to just updating the SIM card.”

So, they knew it was going to happen and had swapped out the SIM cards.
  Apparently they somehow overlooked the modem.  If the modem is a
separate device (a USB dongle perhaps), a week sounds doable.  If it's
soldered onto the motherboard there a lot more embarrassment to come.

I'm glad it wasn't me.