[H-GEN] new nvidia driver problem

Daniel Devine devine at ddevnet.net
Sun Apr 14 21:33:17 EDT 2013

On 2013-04-15 11:21, Peter Robinson wrote:
> It's not that - we have a lecture recording system that requires
> 1024x768 for the data projector and I have my laptop screen as a
> clone
> and it's useful to have the same resolution so that what I see on my
> laptop is the same as what the class sees on the data project (and
> what is recorded). That's the only situation where I need it but it's
> annoying not to have that facility.

That makes sense.

> I am reluctant to swap drivers in the middle of the semester (or
> install 13.04 when it comes out) as I won't have time to recover from
> problems). I usually leave such changes till the end of semester.

I don't think it is that big of a risk, and if you're really worried
you can make a backup image of your laptop.

http://redobackup.org/ is free and *really* simple to use. It's like
Acronis, I guess. You can run it as a Live CD (or USB, I assume) to take
an image and restore an image.

If you need help and can wait two weeks there's a Humbug meeting you
can come to and we can get it done.

--
Daniel Devine