[H-GEN] new nvidia driver problem

Daniel Devine devine at ddevnet.net
Sun Apr 14 21:10:39 EDT 2013

Nouveau works pretty well (for lightweight 3D at least) so it is a
possible solution however Nouveau's support for power/fan control is
basically non-existent so it *might* make your laptop loud and
inefficient.

Is 1600x900 your laptop's native resolution? I know some people change
the resolution of their screen to make the interface/text bigger or
smaller - this is not really a good idea because fuzzy screens are not
nice, and you get less screen real-estate.

If it is a text readability issue being the reason you want the
non-native resolution, try playing with the font size settings for your
desktop environment instead (and browser, if it does not automatically
respect your DE preferences). Unlike Windows, resizing things tends to
work well in the DE's I've tried it in under Linux. I haven't tried this
with Unity.

--
Daniel Devine