[H-GEN] Persistent multiple tabs in konsole and system sleeping

Ben Martin monkeyiq at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jul 26 22:45:35 EDT 2012

Hi,
  Russel's recent message reminded me of a little, less than optimality
that I've been wanting to fix for a while. I put the desktop machine to
sleep, and if I set TCPKeepAlive to false then I can resume the desktop
and the ssh connections are still active, if there output was idle.

  Wondering if anyone else has solved the make konsole not drop the
connection when there is output but the desktop is asleep. It seems that
using screen on each tab would be part of the solution. Playing with
this, the screen keeps the session open, the ssh connection on the other
hand dies. So you can resume the machine, whack a key to have the ssh
connection drop, reconnect to the host, and screen -R each tab one at a
time, but that's quite a manual PITA.

  I'm suspecting there might need to be some hacking on the konsole
codebase to automate the reconnect tabs on resume part.