[H-GEN] My nomination for President

Greg Black gjb at yaxom.com
Thu Sep 2 22:10:50 EDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 11:55, Russell Stuart
<russell-humbug at stuart.id.au> wrote:

> If this all goes well again this year, I will be moving motions at next
> years AGM to cement these new positions in place.

That reminds me of an amendment that I would like to propose to the
constitution. I know it's way past the deadline to get it into this
AGM, but I'd still like to start people thinking about it.

Each year, when we set the date for the AGM, we get complaints from
members who are upset that it clashes with Riverfire (as is the case
this year) or with some football grand final (as has happened several
times in living memory). This is probably because neither Riverfire
nor football are of great interest to many of our members.
Nevertheless, since this has come up pretty much every year that I can
recall, I think it would be good to move the AGM to August. I'd
suggest that it should be on the last meeting in August.

So that's something for the new Exec to consider.

> And a final reminder: please come along to the AGM and participate.

Indeed -- we need to have people working to help Humbug to continue
its excellent services and I'm pretty sure that there's a bit of
burnout in the Exec now, so this looks like a great opportunity for
some new blood.

Cheers, Greg