[H-GEN] Humbug Meta

Greg Black gjb at yaxom.com
Fri Mar 19 19:23:39 EDT 2010

On 2010-03-19, Robert Brockway wrote:

> The idea of running one long (original) meeting and one short (meta)
> meeting per month had even been mooted.

FWIW, I think that is a terrible idea.  The fortnightly meeting
has been a success and continues to get support.  I think it
should remain our main focus.

While it's true that some members say the Saturday meetings are
bad for their lifestyles, we'd need to see if this new meeting
actually got those members along and/or attracted new members.

There are certainly other regular members, such as me, who love
the Saturday meetings and would find mid-week evenings pretty
much out of the question.

The extra meetings, as setup by Clinton, seem like a good idea
and are certainly worth a shot.  But -- unless they are wildly
successful, which is yet to be demonstrated -- there should be
no plans to drop one of the normal meetings just because we have
this new shiny thing to play with.

Cheers, Greg