[H-GEN] [H-ANNOUNCE] Humbug Meta

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Fri Mar 19 18:51:35 EDT 2010

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010, Clinton Roy wrote:

> In an attempt to make Humbug a little more accessible I’ve got some
> week-night room bookings at Brisbane’s Central Library, from six to
> eight pm.

Well done Clinton.  An idea like this was discussed on #humbug a few
months ago.  I was quietly waiting for my return to Brisbane to push
forward with this if no one else had done so by then.  Well you beat me
too it.  Count on my help once I get back.

> I’m calling these meetings Humbug meta for the time being.
>
> These meetings are much shorter than the regular Humbug meetings, so I
> expect they’ll be different in style.

The idea of running one long (original) meeting and one short (meta)
meeting per month had even been mooted.

> Plans are very fluid at the moment, possible things to do are:
>
>    * talks
>    * workshops
>    * computer help
>    * presentation practices

I like it.

Cheers,

Rob

Email: robert at timetraveller.org
IRC: Solver
Web: http://www.practicalsysadmin.com
Open Source: The revolution that silently changed the world