[H-GEN] Constitutional changes I will be proposing at the AGM

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Tue Aug 24 21:05:53 EDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-08-25 at 10:40 +1000, Arjen Lentz wrote:
> Easily solved, has been done.
> BlueHackers tripped over this earlier (being a non-organisation itself) but it now falls under the friendly umbrella of OSDClub and thus it's now fine.
> HUMBUG can do the same as part of the upside-down umbrella of Linux Australia.

Yes, it does seem like such an elegant solution doesn't it?  After all
LA must be good for something more than being the vehicle for LCA.

Which was why I approached John Ferlito (LA's president) when he was
last up here for Ghosts, seeking ways LA might be able to facilitate
online payments for Humbug.  I presented various scenarios - such as
them simply accepting membership payments on our behalf, or setting up a
payment gateway, or allowing us to use a payment gateway like paypal in
LA's name.  In each case the answer was a flat no.

I admit I have only asked once, and only verbally, in a semi private
chat.  In my experience this is not the best way to get someone do
actually put in some effort on your behalf.  However I didn't think it
mattered much, as there are other solutions besides Paypal.