[H-GEN] The first LCA Bid discussion: where do we have it?

Sarah Walters sarah at walters.id.au
Mon Jun 1 18:20:20 EDT 2009

2009/6/2 Sandra Mansell <sandra at mansell.id.au>

> Russell Stuart wrote:
>
>> I imagine there are two counter arguments.  The first is the rest of the
>> club may not be interested in the noise we generate, and may even find
>> it irritating.  If you are part of the "rest of the club" it would be
>> helpful if you joined in and stated your feelings on the matter one way
>> of the other.
>>

> I have limited time to read my email. I'm not particularly interested in
> the LCA bid. I would prefer the discussion was taken to a different list, to
> which those interested could subscribe.

After the flood of emails in the past day, I'm in agreement. I have never
attended an LCA (in fact, I've been to one conference ever, and that was as
a student about 8 years ago) and given that I am flat out with three kids
I'm not going to be attending this one. I don't get to HUMBUG meetings for
the same reason and thus I'm not a paid member. If the rest of the club
wants the mail on general that's fine, but I'll probably end up leaving the
list if the volume of mail remains this high.

Regards,

Sarah Walters