[H-GEN] The first LCA Bid discussion: where do we have it?

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Mon Jun 1 20:31:58 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-06-02 at 07:19 +0800, matheist76 at westnet.com.au wrote:
> Do we have a vote on the matter or should we just allow James to do
> what he was going to do in the 1st place
> and just create the lcabid at lists.humbug.org.au list?  There anyone who
> is interested can join in and those that aren't won't need to.

My personal preference is to leave it on general, of course.  But
replies to the list are split roughly 50/50, so if it is a choice
between:

a) leaving it on general, or
b) creating a new list every member of humbug can join monitor,

then I'd suggest the latter is probably the better compromise.

> I would suggest that we post summaries of how the bid is going to
> general and leave an open invitation for people to join both on our
> website and in the summary emails.

That is creates extra work - probably for you Matt.  Feel free to do it
if you want to of course - anyone can, but I would not be putting anyone
under a compulsion to do it via a formal committee resolution.  If
people are interested they can subscribe to the Wiki changes, or monitor
the list archives.  It is not too much to effort to do those things, if
people are genuinely interested.