[H-GEN] Postfix, etc., and spam filtering

Nemo Maelstrom Thorx wombat at nemo.house.cx
Wed Jul 29 09:46:52 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 07, 2009 at 10:04:54AM +1000, Greg Black did utter:

> Last time I checked, Postfix did not offer a mechanism to scan
> incoming messages with an external spam filter during the SMTP
> conversation (i.e., at the end of the DATA phase), but only at
> subsequent phases (i.e., after having accepted the message in
> the SMTP conversation).

I realise this is a long topic, but there is a site that is a great read
when it comes to spam filtering:
http://www.acme.com/mail_filtering/

Admittedly, there has been little updated in the last 4 years, but he
has tested and covers alot of the tricks in the book.
This guy runs sendmail, and it's a good read to discover alot of little
tricks out there.  :)

.../Nemo