[H-GEN] Fwd: AGM date

Arjen Lentz arjen at lentz.com.au
Fri Jul 24 20:51:49 EDT 2009

Hi Matt

On 25/07/2009, at 10:04 AM, matheist76 at westnet.com.au wrote:
> They wouldn't need to block all of their weekends in September only
> the ones that we have meetings on. The 5th and the 19th.

Where did you pull the 19th from? Because it's 2 weeks from the 5th?
Says nowhere that AGM has to be on same day as usual HUMBUG does it,
so it's unreasonable to expect people to make such presumptions.

But if it is indeed that simple, then why for crap's sake can't the
exec just make up its mind an announce a firm date?
If it's a choice of two, and the venue is available, then flip a
frickin' coin. How long does that take?

> Last year the Exec (Clinton) didn't get around to announcing the AGM
> until the 23rd of August. In fact this is the only year that it has
> been an issue.

You make no point here. What others have done in the past, for
whatever reason, is not relevant.
Current exec is responsible for the now. pointing to the past is a
weak excuse. by definition invalid.

> Lets take a look at what has happened previous years:
> 1. On the 27th of August 07 David Seikel announces the next AGM. No
> comments asking for when the next AGM were posted to general.
> 2. On the 31st of August 06 Mark Suter announces the next AGM. Again
> no comment.
> 3. On the 26th of August 05 Mark Suter announces the next AGM. Again
> no comment.
> 4. On the 16th of August 04 Raymond Smith announces the next AGM.
> Again no comment.

Again you spend a shitload of time on researching the uninteresting.
Why?

> Over all those years nobody has complained and it never was an
> issue. So what has changed from last year or any of those past
> years? Can anyone tell me that? Over to you Greg.

Speaking for myself: primarily because you're behaving like an ass
about it.
The lateness is mainly just inconvenient, but what really ticks me off
is your response to valid feedback from several people.

All we want is for it to get done, not blabbered on about with
diversions, clarifications, explanations, excuses and past-pointing.
Failing getting it done, simple acknowledgement from any/all exec that
the members have raised a reasonable concern, rather than crapping on
about it in various ways.

Cheers,
Arjen.
--
Arjen Lentz, Director @ Open Query (http://openquery.com)
Exceptional Services for MySQL at a fixed budget.

Follow our blog at http://openquery.com/blog/
OurDelta: free enhanced builds for MySQL @ http://ourdelta.org