[H-GEN] Best FS for use with multiple Unix variants

QuarkAV.com - Hilton Travis hilton at quarkav.com
Tue Aug 18 17:23:00 EDT 2009

On 19/08/2009 7:15 AM, Robert Brockway wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Aug 2009, QuarkAV.com - Hilton Travis wrote:
>
>> G'day Arjen,
>>
>> I'm well aware of how important backups are and as I said, were he an
>> IT client of mine, he would have been, too.  He contacted me after he
>> formatted
>
> Hi Hilton.  Peripherial to the main thread but I've long maintained
> that backups have nothing to do with technology.  My canonical comment
> on this can be found here:
>
> http://www.practicalsysadmin.com/wiki/index.php/Backups#History
>
> Now you can all gawk at my new site which isn't ready yet ;)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rob

G'day Rob,

Without gawking at a partially cooked site and embarrassing you, I agree
totally.  Backups have been in play since the dawn of intelligence -
someone worked out a way to do something and told someone else - that's
a backup of knowledge right there.  It has continued in this way into
new technologies as they have developed, but no,  backups have nothing
to do with technology, per se.  :)

- Hilton Travis