[H-GEN] Membership forms

deadcat humbug humbug.deadcat at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 08:34:29 EDT 2009

Hello everyone.

Please find attached my ideas for the membership forms. I basically
cleaned Matt's version up (and fixed his spelling mistakes!), made it
less cluttered and easier to read.

(edit: no attachments no thanks to the list server thingie. please see
the links on my page on the wiki - http://humbug.org.au/LiveCat)

Thank you to Dennis Gilmore and Greg Black for providing me with a PDF version
of Matt's svg file.

Please note I have also made a renewing membership form, which is the
same as the "new" membership form except you can enter what your
existing membership number is/was. (I never did get the reasoning
behind why my member number should change every year)

I also added an "office use only" section so the Exec members who look
after these forms can note who entered it into the members database
(which we're gonna get, right?)

The Code of Practice has been modified from the UQ one. Half the stuff
in the UQ one was completely irrelevant to us. I pasted in the
-important- bits - the ones where it says stuff like don't do illegal
stuff, be nice to other people, etc.

I took the card and receipt part out of the form (sorry Matt!) because
a) I wasn't going to try to make it line up here at home
b) I expect that people would forget to print the form double-sided
c) I also imagine that no one would remember to bring scissors to the
HUMBUG meetings to cut it out to laminate as a card (there's so many
things that have to be brought to the meetings!)
d) There's a receipt book for the money and the club has to keep the duplicate

And I changed it from being a serif font to sans serif font because I
personally find it harder to read serif fonts. I also find it more
cluttered. It's also more ink to print. :)

They're in OpenOffice Writer format. I didn't have any other open
software available to me.

Please discuss and disect as necessary.

Elice.
aka livecat
aka deadcat

this is the third time I've tried to send this now.
first time, my mail server died.
second time, the list server rejected my email because it was too big
third time, it better work!