[H-GEN] Membership forms

matheist76 at westnet.com.au matheist76 at westnet.com.au
Fri Aug 14 17:27:55 EDT 2009

Hi,
   First I would really like to say a big thank you to Deadcat for her membership forms. I do like the font change and they have given me direction in what I have done. So thanks.

Now I have created my own version of her file. It is again only just a version and has not been ratified as the formal membership form. It's available at http://humbug.org.au/MatthewFranklin .There have been a number of changes I have made to it. I don't have a separate form for renewing members (see below) and I have also included the membership card as well.

First I see no reason to have a renewing membership form. Even without a database. This really tells the club nothing. If we have your old forms then your a renewing member. If we don't then your a new member. Simple. If or when there is a database then surely it should be able to handle a renewing member.

HUMBUG has scissors. Those scissors are kept in the money box along with other club stuff. So why not have the membership form a part of the form. It makes sense and means that we only print these things once.

I don't see any real reason not to have a double sided form. Those in charge, the Exec, surely should be able to print both sides. It's not hard. By having the UQ terms and conditions it means that new members are made aware of the conditions of the use of UQ's network. If they don't know what they are then they should not have signed the form. So if they do breach those conditions we can point out that they were informed of them.

It is therefore important that they do sign the back. So what I have done is to include simple instructions to direct them to look at the back. As well as move all of the signatures and dates stuff to the back.

Please don't waste your time and everyone else's time by using negative comments. Be positive and change what you believe to be wrong.

Matt