[H-GEN] How does one configure ssh/sshd to send log entries to a log file on a remote server?

List Puppy listpuppy at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 20:28:56 EDT 2008

I'm pretty sure this is quite simple to achieve, I just haven't found
anything in man pages that gives me appropriate clues. :-(

I have a situation where a number of small cron jobs run every few
minutes.  These jobs use ssh to 'talk' to other boxes on the network.
Even with loglevel set to its lowest, there is a log entry generated
for every ssh connection made.  The /var partition is relatively
small, so can fill very quickly.

For lots of reasons, we don't want to stop logging altogether, and we
can't increase the /var partition.  We can make a large partition
available on a network server to accept logging information from other
servers.

One suggestion made was to simply delete the /var/log/secure file when
it was too big.  That was rejected outright, as most of you would no
doubt understand.