[H-GEN] Re: X locks up desktop, even with live cds

Stephen Thorne stephen.thorne at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 22:07:19 EST 2007

On 3/1/07, Anthoy Irwin <anthony at server101.com> wrote:
> Have you tried out cedega. You can get quite a lot of the latest games
> working with cedega and they have come a long way with making it
> easier to use.

I've used Wine and its derivatives to play games under linux, where
"fully supported" for a game might mean that you can play all through
the game and its expansion (starcraft), you can play provided you
don't mind you mouse looking like it's moving through treacle
(fallout2) or it will get to the loading screen, possibly start the
first level and then crash if you blink (most other games).

I got so shat off that I obtained a tv tuner card and a nintendo
gamecube. I've never looked back, games that "just work" when you
stick a disc in and turn the device on aren't fictional. They're a
reality that non-wine gamers don't even know exists.

Stephen.