[H-GEN] Re: X locks up desktop, even with live cds

Anthony Irwin anthony at server101.com
Wed Feb 28 22:02:58 EST 2007

Troy Piggins wrote:

> Thanks Anthony.  I've downloaded and burned the Gentoo install CD
> at work.  I'll give it a go tonight.  If not successful, I'll
> try other scenarios.  Spewing - that card has been great for
> games in Windows.

I imagine the card will still work fine for you in windows if there is
only something minor with it upsetting X in linux.

Have you tried out cedega. You can get quite a lot of the latest games
working with cedega and they have come a long way with making it
easier to use.

For a three month subscription its like $15us and you can don't have
to keep a subscription going to keep using it only to get updates. I
get the latest version every so often but don't really play games.

> PS - I see your email addy is Server101.  You webhost for my
> work.  No dramas to date :)

Good to hear.

> PPS - Been there long?  You know Paul Trebilco?  He's a good mate
> of mine, used to work there.  Lives in Whistler BC now.

I may have met him once briefly not sure there was one other sys admin
after him and then me. But I would have to say that I don't really
know him.

Kind Regards,
Anthony Irwin