[H-GEN] Windows to *nix

Anthony Irwin anthony at server101.com
Fri Sep 22 01:15:24 EDT 2006

Hey All,

I guess that this was kinda a bad thread but I still found it
interesting. Thanks for those who replied and I wasn't trying to troll
reading through the emails again it sort of comes off that way I guess.

Anyway ides can be good I have used them in the past and will probably
use them again.  Graphical tools have their place and I use a number of
them every day.

Not everyone wants to know the ins and outs of everything but I think
they should at least learn the basics.

I guess the original point is that windows tends to be dumbing down
their users where *nix tends to give power to their users by guiding
users to powerful ways of doing things and increasing their knowledge of
how things works. Ok thats a touchy subject but think of how many
windows users would be able to ftp you a file then look at *nix users I
bet that every *nix user would be able to ftp you a file or even how
many windows users can email an attachment every *nix user could email
an attachment[1].

Ok but thats it I am not going to continue anymore as its a bit
pointless and not going anywhere.

1. No I don't have proof its an opinion but probably close to the mark.

Kind Regards,
Anthony Irwin