[H-GEN] Email Ettiquite; a Sardonic Reminder.

De Crow crowaust at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 11 20:57:02 EDT 2006

As it seems that we have differing opinions on this matter, I might find
that I only ask questions and never offer responses because you way seems
counter-intuitive.

> Clearly, some of the contributors to this thread have either forgotten or,
worse, failed to read the relevant rules which are provided on our website.

Agreed especially this section:
	"Quote just enough to give context, and just enough to give the
correction. No more." From http://www.humbug.org.au/netiquette.php

This is the main part that has been lacking, and not doing this is has a
direct relationship with not being able to read the response easily.

> When you've read it (and the other information it references) enough times
to be clear about the content, then you[1] need to start following the
rules.

Well I hadn't read the rules reguarding posting on the list, and to be quite
frank it doesn't say "Thou shalt not TOP POST" anywhere in the rules.

> People who criticise top-posters tend to know how to set out their
messages so that they are quite readable, so I'm afraid that this complaint
just
> doesn't merit any consideration.

Well you are one of the few that do organise your posts well, I have seen
many a post here that are extremely hard to read.

> And, as a final note, this is not a topic for this list, so people should
stop making silly suggestions about it.

I think you may actually be wrong about that Greg see this part of the
discription for this list:
	"General discussion about HUMBUG itself (organisational matters such
as incorporation vs Student Union affiliation are an example here)." From
http://www.humbug.org.au/mailingLists.php

I believe that this would be an organisational matter, perhaps a more Formal
set of rules is needed?

Thankyou for your time,

Crowy
(aka Anthony)