[H-GEN] Keeping a civil tone

Robert Brockway rbrockway at opentrend.net
Wed Oct 12 06:02:39 EDT 2005

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005, James Mills wrote:

> Spot on. I _actually_ don't even bother replying or emailing this list
> much since the attitudes and flaming that goes on is beyond belief at
> times...

Wow.  The HUMBUG lists used to have a reputation for being a place where
flaming was very rare.  It was so unusual people would explicitely mention
the lack of flaming.

I still think these lists have less problems than many of the LUG lists
I'm on (which is quite a few[1]).

> Isn't this list suppose to concern things such as:
> * Linux Discussions/Help

And other forms of *nix.

> * Issues concerning HumBug
> * Notices/Usefull findings
> * News

Yep, yep and yep.  It's spelled out well here of course:

[1] I recently joined a Cuban LUG list.  My wife and I plan to visit
Jamaica and Cuba over Christmas and I'm taking some OSS resources down
with me.  The Cubans tell me that Linux and *BSD are very popular there.
Most of the discussions are in Spanish but it looks like little flaming is
going on :)

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.		Phone:	+1-416-669-3073
Senior Technical Consultant	Email:	support at opentrend.net
OpenTrend Solutions Ltd.	Web:	www.opentrend.net
We are open 24x7x365 for technical support.  Call us in a crisis.