[H-GEN] Email migration

Stephen Thorne stephen.thorne at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 04:21:34 EST 2005

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 06:53:56 +1000 (EST), Nikolai Lusan
<nikolai at lusan.id.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a series of mbox format mail folders, mail is sorted by procmail
> into them. I also have a collection of email, in mbox format, from
> evolution. I want to merge these two mail collections and move them onto
> an imap server.

Step 1:
Configure evolution to look at the mboxes.

Step 2:
Configure evolution to look at the imap server.

Step 3:
Drag+Drop

> Firstly I thought I would ask for opinions on which imap server I should
> use (I am thinking courier ATM for the possibility to extend into
> evolution calendar sharing etc.). Secondly I thought I would ask what
> peoples thoughts are on the migration proccess (ATM I have no idea as to
> how I am going to go about getting the mail into the right format for
> the server without running it through procmail again). Lastly i thought
> I would garner opinions on using fetchmail/procmail to deliver mail onto
> the imap server.

All IMAP servers have something wrong with them. I've never found one
I was incredibly happy with. Cyrus is the most workable one in my
expereience.

As for delivering mail *to* the imap server, I have no opinion.

--
Stephen Thorne
Development Engineer