[H-GEN] Email migration

Mal Beaton mal at mbeaton.id.au
Tue Mar 29 03:32:08 EST 2005

Nikolai Lusan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a series of mbox format mail folders, mail is sorted by procmail
> into them. I also have a collection of email, in mbox format, from
> evolution. I want to merge these two mail collections and move them onto
> an imap server.
>
> Firstly I thought I would ask for opinions on which imap server I should
> use (I am thinking courier ATM for the possibility to extend into
> evolution calendar sharing etc.). Secondly I thought I would ask what
> peoples thoughts are on the migration proccess (ATM I have no idea as to
> how I am going to go about getting the mail into the right format for
> the server without running it through procmail again). Lastly i thought
> I would garner opinions on using fetchmail/procmail to deliver mail onto
> the imap server.
>

> Nikolai

try this

http://batleth.sapienti-sat.org/projects/mb2md/

havent played with it so not sure if it is what you are after

I use courier imap. For calendars however I use mozilla sunbird with
calendar sharing via apache web server

I also use procmail to deliver mail to the relevant folders and it works
very weell

For a good imap client that works on all platforms I use mozilla
thunderbird. It works very well with imap