[H-GEN] Email migration

Nikolai Lusan nikolai at lusan.id.au
Sun Mar 27 15:53:56 EST 2005

Hi,

I have a series of mbox format mail folders, mail is sorted by procmail
into them. I also have a collection of email, in mbox format, from
evolution. I want to merge these two mail collections and move them onto
an imap server.

Firstly I thought I would ask for opinions on which imap server I should
use (I am thinking courier ATM for the possibility to extend into
evolution calendar sharing etc.). Secondly I thought I would ask what
peoples thoughts are on the migration proccess (ATM I have no idea as to
how I am going to go about getting the mail into the right format for
the server without running it through procmail again). Lastly i thought
I would garner opinions on using fetchmail/procmail to deliver mail onto
the imap server.

Nikolai