[H-GEN] Anti-unix changes in Suncorp-Metway's updated banking TOS

David Duffy david at audiovisualdevices.com.au
Sun Jan 23 00:16:49 EST 2005

Tony Bilbrough wrote:

> Incidently, has anyone ever noticed that an electronic transfer still
> takes 5 Bank Working days [as opposed to Normal or Consultant Working
> days] to clear, even when the action takes place in the same Bank?
> The only exception, perhaps, is within personal accounts.
> Apparently the electronic data flows much more slowly in the banking
> world

Can't say I have. We transfer electronically almost every day
and almost every time it is in the receiver's account that night.
If you do the transfer after the cut-off (BOQ is 3PM AEDST),
it will add an extra day onto it but you can plan around that easily.
The only time I've noticed any "delay" is with people that lie as
to when they really did the bank transfer! :-) They blame it on the
banks but in reality they never did the transfer when they said.
David...