[H-GEN] Anti-unix changes in Suncorp-Metway's updated banking TOS

barry day _bjd_ at iinet.net.au
Sat Jan 22 22:19:57 EST 2005

On Sun, Jan 23, 2005 at 12:04:22PM +1000, David Duffy wrote:

> Really? None of the guys I employ bank with my bank. (BOQ)
> We transfer the funds to their choice of bank. It makes absolutely
> no difference to me where we send the money. I think the larger
> employers may try to do this but I'm not sure how you'd go with
> fighting it. Most people don't like to rock the boat but what are
> the "disadvantages" of using a different bank Barry?
> David...

It depends on the situation. Internet banking has made things better, but then
there are those that won't use it ( such as my business partner). I would
assume with larger employers that you don't get a choice as it would be too
much extra work. Having the bank transfer the money is costly, and if it gets
lost between banks it can take some time for the 2 banks to sort out what
happened.

I can understand why all of your employees use a different bank though. BOQ are
heavy on fees and not the most professional outfit.