[H-GEN] Anti-unix changes in Suncorp-Metway's updated banking TOS

David Duffy david at audiovisualdevices.com.au
Sun Jan 23 00:11:09 EST 2005

barry day wrote:

>[ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and     ]
>[ Unix-related topics. Posts from non-subscribed addresses will vanish. ]
>
>On Sun, Jan 23, 2005 at 12:04:22PM +1000, David Duffy wrote:
>

>>Really? None of the guys I employ bank with my bank. (BOQ)
>>We transfer the funds to their choice of bank. It makes absolutely
>>no difference to me where we send the money. I think the larger
>>employers may try to do this but I'm not sure how you'd go with
>>fighting it. Most people don't like to rock the boat but what are
>>the "disadvantages" of using a different bank Barry?
>>David...
>>

>It depends on the situation. Internet banking has made things better, but then
>there are those that won't use it ( such as my business partner). I would
>assume with larger employers that you don't get a choice as it would be too
>much extra work. Having the bank transfer the money is costly, and if it gets
>lost between banks it can take some time for the 2 banks to sort out what
>happened.

I say Boo Hiss to all those employers that won't let you use
your own bank account. They're living in the dark ages.

>I can understand why all of your employees use a different bank though. BOQ are
>heavy on fees and not the most professional outfit.

On the contrary. They have excellent customer service!
Everyone I've talked to (except you it seems!) really likes them. :-)
All banks have fees. I personally think the service is worth it.
David...