[H-GEN] Anti-unix changes in Suncorp-Metway's updated banking TOS

Gary Curtis gazilla at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 21:09:52 EST 2005

The real "gotcha" is at the bottom of clause 23.4 vis...

"We are not liable for any loss, damage or consequential loss or
damage if you use or attempt to access Internet Banking  without using
suitable software."

Where [of course] "suitable software" is defined in 23.26 as Windows cr4p!!

So...   if I use Suncorp's Internet Banking using Firefox on Linux and
[presumedly]
at some later time my account is compromised they can wash their hands of it.

The next question is do they keep any record of which browser I use?
If so and as the record pertains to me, am I able to see a copy of that record?
Open up all sorts of privacy question, does it not?

Gaz