[H-GEN] Volunteer driver desperately needed for meeting equipment.

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 20:31:49 EST 2005

On Sat, 3 Dec 2005 09:29:37 +1000 David Seikel <onefang at gmail.com>
wrote:

> If I can't get the equipment there in time, we might have to hold the
> meeting at my hovel instead.  Standing room only and everybody has to
> take turns using my Pentium 100Mhz test box to surf the web.  On the
> positive side, there is a Night Owl and Pizza Hut just across the
> road, plus a variety of cafes and things within a few blocks.  B-)

Lets call that plan C.  Plan A is still to have someone drive the
equipment and me to the meeting.

Plan B is for me to leave my own computer equipment at home, see how
much of the meeting equipment I can squeeze into my backpack, and walk
from New Farm to the university.  I should be able to carry the hydra
server and one, maybe two switches, plus cables.  It's a three hour
walk, so I should leave just before midday.  I can't afford bus fare.

There may not be enough network ports for everybody if I go through with
plan B.