[H-GEN] Volunteer driver desperately needed for meeting equipment.

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 21:01:17 EST 2005

On Sat, 3 Dec 2005 11:31:49 +1000 David Seikel <onefang at gmail.com>
wrote:

> If I can't get the equipment there in time, we might have to hold
> the meeting at my hovel instead.  Standing room only and everybody
> has to take turns using my Pentium 100Mhz test box to surf the
> web.  On the positive side, there is a Night Owl and Pizza Hut just
> across the road, plus a variety of cafes and things within a few
> blocks.  B-)
>
> Lets call that plan C.  Plan A is still to have someone drive the
> equipment and me to the meeting.
>
> Plan B is for me to leave my own computer equipment at home, see how
> much of the meeting equipment I can squeeze into my backpack, and walk
> from New Farm to the university.  I should be able to carry the hydra
> server and one, maybe two switches, plus cables.  It's a three hour
> walk, so I should leave just before midday.  I can't afford bus fare.
>
> There may not be enough network ports for everybody if I go through
> with plan B.

The capacity of my backpack never ceases to amaze me.  I managed to
squeeze in all of the meeting computer equipment, only missing out on
the cashbox and other non computer equipment.  So network ports for
everyone.

I'll be leaving soon, but there is still a chance that a driver may
turn up before 2PM, collect me from wherever I happen to be, take me
back to New Farm to collect my own computer, and deliver to the
university.  Call my mobile 0421 747 142.