[H-GEN] Making my Linux to windows LAN work.

Russell Mathews russellm at humbug.org.au
Wed Aug 10 06:02:27 EDT 2005

Hi General Humbug,

I intend to put a test website up under var/www/html/ and see if I can
run it from Linux then from my other HP Windows box.   [The windows box
(and my D-link wireless modem/router) is supplied by my PhD
University.]  I had a Canon flatbed scanner but could not make it work
under Linux.  It works under Windows so I am tending to use my Windows
box.

Once I have the website working from here under var/www/html/, I will
consider setting my router, so the website can be accessed from the web.

I want to make my LAN work.  I have not been able, despite my trials, to
make my LAN work.  I think I need Samba on Linux.  I believe I have
Samba installed under Linux.

I am thinking I could load up my website under /var/www/html using
Mozilla, but I would have to be able to have my browser on Windows box
see my /html/ directory under FC4.

My Linux box is dual boot, but I have not even been able to make the LAN
work windows to windows.   I feel I have to take small steps to progress
my ambition.  I hope I can receive some assistance.  I want to learn a
lot. Thanks.

--

-Cheers,

Russell G H Mathews BCom BSc LLB BA

Member of the Standing Committee of Convocation of

    The UNIVERSITY of QUEENSLAND

Accountant, Mathematican, Legal Researcher and Law

Journal Editor.

Reg'd: Australian Securities and Investment

Commission Agent; #8268.

254 Hawken Drive, St Lucia Q4067.

 Ph: (07) 3870-9772

Email: russellm at humbug.org.au <mailto:russellm at humbug.org.au>