[H-GEN] Red Hat AS and CVS versions.

David Jericho david.jericho at aarnet.edu.au
Wed Aug 10 05:18:21 EDT 2005

Raymond Smith wrote:

>Does anyone know where you would in RedHat's documentation to find
>(a) which versions of CVS are supported in RHEL AS 3.0 versus RHEL AS 4.0?

The definitive answer is:
    RHEL 3 - 1.11.2
    RHEL 4 - 1.11.17

Keep in mind, often RHEL packages can have quite a few patches. Best
check the source RPMs direct if you're looking for something in particular.

>(b) the 'plan'/'status'/'gut feeling' for when newer versions would be
>    taken from upstream?

Fedora Core 4 has 1.11.19. I checked on cvshome.org itself, and found it
was upto 1.11.20. If there is a feature in the newer versions you must
have, you can often take a source RPM from Fedora Core and rebuild it on
RHEL without difficulty. Usual systems administrator caveats,
disclaimers and finger pointing apply.

--
David Jericho
Systems Administrator, AARNet