[H-GEN] Software Freedom Day - Sept 10th

Robert Brockway rbrockway at opentrend.net
Sun Aug 7 19:58:08 EDT 2005

On Sun, 7 Aug 2005, Mark Ellem wrote:

> I'd definately be up to manning some kind of stall for Software Freedom Day.

Yes I'd up for that.  Sandra's idea of a computer (or even general market)
would be great.  Although many people have heard of Linux/OSS these days
many still don't know what it is.  I bet if we had a sign saying "Free
Software" many people would approach us asking us if we were giving away
warez :)  We would want literature about OSS licencing on hand.

> Handing out CD's on street corners would be a little annoying to passers
> by. I dislike people hassling me while I walk down the street and I
> wouldn't do it to other people.

Agreed.  A stall is a better idea.  I prefer this to an installfest, as
installfests only get in touch with people who are already somewhat
interested and I think we need to touch the wider community at this point,
especially on Software Freedom Day.

Cheers,

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.		Phone:	+1-416-669-3073
Senior Technical Consultant	Email:	support at opentrend.net
OpenTrend Solutions Ltd.	Web:	www.opentrend.net
We are open 24x7x365 for technical support.  Call us in a crisis.