[H-GEN] VMware question...

Bradley Marshall brad.marshall at member.sage-au.org.au
Thu Sep 23 06:29:26 EDT 2004

Hi all,

On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 02:41:58PM +1000, Raymond Smith wrote:
> I am obviously going for a workstation license, but am confused about
> which one I should buy: the Linux or Windows versions. This seems
> to come down to whether or not I have Windows -> Linux -> Hardware
> versus Linux -> Windows -> Hardware.
>
> Does anyone here have experience in running VMware? Any preferences
> for models above?

I've had some experience with VMware - I use it for
demonstrations for my tutorials, and we've run GSX server and
now ESX server at work.

Basically, for the workstation, it comes down to what's your
native desktop platform.  It really doesn't matter, as each
version will run the same OSes.  If you have a Linux desktop,
buy the Linux version.  If you have the Windows desktop,
buy the Windows version - its really that simple.

Somehow I doubt you want the Windows version, otherwise you
could just run your application natively - or am I missing
something here?

Thanks,
Brad
--