[H-GEN] Mailing List

David Harrison trogspam at games.telstra.com
Fri May 28 05:57:31 EDT 2004

First of all, is it just me, or does your email client mail the user you're
replying to, and then Cc: the list? Won't that user then get it twice?

> The reason is that the minority of list administrators who do
> this subscribe to the broken belief that people are too stupid
> to send their messages where they want them to go.  If list
> admins didn't take it upon themselves to force-feed their
> subscribers, those people would probably learn how to accomplish
> just what they want.

I just see it as a list dependent thing - if its a 'chat' style list, surely
the most common action is going to be reply-to-list. If its an announce list
or something else, its more likely you'll want to reply to an individual.
Shrug.

I don't know if its been done before, but a simple solution to this
(seemingly) frequently discussed topic might be to just do a user vote and
find out how many users like it which way! Mmmm, democracy.

-- david