[H-GEN] Mailing List

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Fri May 28 00:04:27 EDT 2004

On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 12:47:27PM +1000, Paul Gearon wrote:
> Does your email client have IMAP support, and a bayesian spam filter?  If
> not, then would you consider it broken?

If I needed IMAP support, or didn't have an external program doing my
spam handling, yes, I would. I'd likewise consider broken a mail client
that doesn't handle mailing lists I'm subscribed to in a graceful manner.

As is, I'm tempted to consider my mail setup broken as far as putting
mailing list posts in the right folders -- it doesn't do it automatically,
and it can get screwed up if folks send me mail directly with their
headers screwed up in the right way -- but the work arounds I've got
suffice, and I'm not sure handling it better is actually possible.

> It's great that you and others have mail clients that support this feature.
> A lot of peoples' clients don't.

So what's stopping y'all from getting clients that work right? It's
not like mutt's expensive, or that there aren't other free mailers you
could use. I was under the impression that evolution held up fairly well
these days.

Cheers,
aj

Don't assume I speak for anyone but myself. GPG signed mail preferred.