[H-GEN] Systems Administrator Position - Big Bridge (Brisbane)

Charles Thornhill-Cole charles at bigbridge.com.au
Wed May 26 03:43:56 EDT 2004

For those who might not have seen this on seek.com.au or the
SAGE-AU-JOBS list.

Note the impending closing date!

Charles

Big Bridge

Systems Administrator

Big Bridge develops and implements communication products and services
utilising multimedia, video and internet solutions.

We are offering a fulltime position to an enthusiastic system administrator who
is looking for the opportunity to be part of a great team in an exciting
industry.

You will report directly to the General Manager and will be responsible for the
development and maintenance of our IT infrastructure.  You will have excellent
business and communication skills, as well as the ability to work both in a
team and autonomously.

Key responsibilities include:
* Maintenance and development of a hosting network, including:
   - hosting of ASP and ASP.NET websites developed in-house
   - DNS and mail administration
   - Network monitoring
* Supporting workstations (Windows and Mac) and LAN servers for
  approximately 20 employees.
* Maintenance of the integrity of systems and data including data backup
  and recovery, network security
* Support for external users of hosting services
* Documentation and project management skills

The successful applicant will have commercial exposure to the following:
* TCP/IP networking
* Linux, preferably Debian
* Windows NT4/2000/2003 Server running IIS
* DNS administration with BIND 9
* Mail administration, preferably with Postfix and Cyrus IMAP
* Scripting and automation (Perl, bash)

Personal requirements:
* Attention to detail
* Self motivated
* Responsible
* Ability to troubleshoot problems

Remuneration will be negotiated based on experience.

The position is available from 7th Jun 2004, so please email your CV to:
careers at bigbridge.com.au

Applications close 27th May 2004

--
Charles Thornhill-Cole
System Administrator

The contents and any attachments to this email include information that is
private and confidential and should only be read by those persons to whom
they are addressed. We accept no liability for any loss or damage suffered
by any person arising from the use of this e-mail. The sender accepts no
responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to check the email
and attachments (if any). If you have received this e-mail in error, please
destroy and delete the message from your computer and notify the sender.