[H-GEN] SpamAssassin for secondaries?

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Mon Mar 15 19:19:06 EST 2004

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Tony Melia wrote:

> I have spamassassin all working fine for my domain.   I handle secondary MX
> for a few small clients in the event their ADSL goes down, I notice, looking
> at maillog files, they seem to get a lot of spam, even through my server
> when their own is down.  Does spamassassin handle all domains that you relay
> for by default, or is this something I need to specify?

Depends what your MTA (mail transport agent, eg sendmail) is up to.  For
most people SA is only processing (and thus filtering) mail which is
destined to be delivered locally.  To get mail in the queue being
processed by Sednmail you need you need to setup a "milter".  For other
MTAs it is easier I believe.

Rob

Robert Brockway B.Sc. email: robert at timetraveller.org, rbrockway at uqconnect.net