[H-GEN] DVD Backup & burning software under Linux

Josh Marshall josh at worldhosting.org
Tue Jun 8 18:48:55 EDT 2004

> 	Also, any recommendations for a backup program?  I'm currently looking
> into something like Bacula, but I'd be interested to know what others'
> opinions are.

Check out BackupPC http://backuppc.sourceforge.net - it's the best opensource
one I know of. Uses pooled hard disk for storage, has a web interface, can
use tar over ssh/rsync/smb to back up remote servers and has the ability to
dump to media such as tapes and files in tar format. You can then burn the
files to the DVD using something like cdrecord.

Regards,
Josh