[H-GEN] c# and .NET on Debian

Anthony Irwin anthonyi at toolboxsoftware.com.au
Tue Feb 3 20:58:49 EST 2004

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replys.

I have compiled .portable and found that it runs some basic test apps
that I wrote in windows at work.

However they seem to have a long way to go, basic controls like the font, color or date picker dialogs are not implemented yet.

I also tested the save dialog which works fine unless you try to overwrite a file, overwriting files with the save dialog crashes the app.

dispite that you probably couldn't run a full blown application yet I am
quite impressed with how far they have gotten so far.

The windows test app wouldn't compile in either .portables cscc compiler
or the mono mcs compiler.

As for using Eclipse and SWT the company I work for is anti java and not
really too concerned about being cross platform. The only reason I
wanted to use c# and .net on linux is because linux is all I use at home.

Kind Regards,
Anthony Irwin