[H-GEN] c# and .NET on Debian

Andrae Muys andrae.muys at braintree.com.au
Tue Feb 3 19:36:01 EST 2004

Anthony Irwin wrote:

 > Hi Guys,
 >
 > The company I work for is considering moving to c# and .NET for their
 > windows development.
 >
 > I would like to experiment with c# and .net at home but I only have
 > Debian machines at home.
 >
 > I am wondering if anyone knows what the state of c# and .net and
whether it
 > would be fesable to learn the language using Linux.

I can't talk about .NET, as I know only a little about the platform, and
less about any implementations.  However I have been meaning to take a
look at eclipse and the SWT and am curious if you have considered it,
and if you have what you found inadequate for your purposes?  It
certainly appears to provide better cross-platform support (in practice,
not theory :).

Andrae

--
  Andrae Muys    <andrae.muys at braintree.com.au>