[H-GEN] Re:Mandrake 10 +setserial

Stephen Thorne stephen.thorne at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 19:47:08 EDT 2004

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 09:42:58 +1000, David Munn <djmunn at bigpond.com> wrote:
> Now back to KPPP...no go as it wont accept the ttyS4 param.....
> why not try a symlink to /dev/modem.....use MC to do this as its quick
> and easy......now check KPPP ...wow that works also....now reboot to
> check if it works all the time....
>
> Yep we have it....thinking outside the square can work sometimes...

Here was me thinking about a 'nice' way to suggest using /bin/mv to
rearrange your devices.

It's unfortunate that you're using software that doesn't allow
perfectly valid devices just because you're in a marginally exotic
situation. Have you filed bugs with the maintainers of these packages
yet?

Stephen.