[H-GEN] Reliable mouse?

Greg Black gjb at gbch.net
Wed Aug 25 23:53:55 EDT 2004

I've been using Logitech optical meeces for years and generally
like them.  However, I've had two of them fail recently -- one
was a wireless model, the other had a tail.

This morning's failure happened to occur at the same time as a
local power outage and that just added to my irritation.  Since
everything was on the nice side of a UPS and all systems were
shut down cleanly before the UPS was shut down, I am confident
that the two events are connected temporally but not causally.

Anyway, the question is:  what brands of USB optical 3-button
mouse do people find reliable?  Have I just been unlucky with
those Logitech items, or are they known to be dodgy?

Feel free to reply direct to me rather than the list.  If there
are some interesting insights, I'll summarise them later.

Cheers, Greg