[H-GEN] CRUX (A programmers linux distro)

Rob Kearey rob.kearey at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 00:57:29 EDT 2004

> See that's where my issue lies. I thought the point of linux was that
> you shouldn't have to constantly reinstall it like some other OSes that
> run in my household.

That linux *can* run reliably by itself for years (as can *bsd, etc)
is a useful characteristic of the breed, but shouldn't neccesarily be
the primaryreason for it's existance. Software and hardware
development, however, move on, and it behooves us (the royal 'us' in
this context) to move with it. Red Hat 4.2 still works perfectly well,
but you wouldn't want to plunk it on a naked server connected to the
great unwashed internet these days.

Please consider giving Fedoira a go - I personally believe (and I'm
saying this without my Red Hat on) that it's quite probably going to
be the most interesting, dynamic and yet useful of all the linux
distrobutions out there. And yes, I would happily run it on a
production server :)

--
RobK