[H-GEN] Rules on spam

David Starkoff dbs at uq.net.au
Mon Sep 29 06:45:09 EDT 2003

At 2003-09-29T17:21+1000, Paul Clarke wrote:

> I was sure that there was some anti-spam laws in AU, I just can't
> find them.

Other than in exceptional circumstances, sending spam in Australia
isn't illegal.  Currently before Federal Parliament is the Spam Bill
2003 (Cth), which purports to address the problem of spam (my personal
view is that it does so quite poorly).  If you want some light
reading, you can access it from
<http://www.aph.gov.au/bills/index.htm>.  It was based on a report by
the National Office for the Information Economy, whose Web site has
some more information:
<http://www.noie.gov.au/projects/confidence/Improving/spam.htm>.

David.
--
  ``Destiny dressed you this morning, chum, and now fear is
    trying to pull off your pants.''