[H-GEN] using webcam on linux & windows

David davido at bigpond.net.au
Fri Sep 5 05:45:07 EDT 2003

running Mandrake 9.0 with Win200 in VMWare

I installed a Logitech webcam in Windows and when I try to use it I get a
message about the host already having control of the device. I'd like to be
able to use it in Linux but I want to get it going in Windows first. Does
anyone know what I have to do to get Linux to release it so VMware can take
control?

USBViewer sees the camera on /proc/bus/usb/devices

I'm pretty green with Linux, devices, etc., so a bit of handholding would be
appreciated. Let me know if  you need more info.

Thanks
David
--

An apple a day keeps the greengrocer happy