[H-GEN] Off Topic : IINET Experiences??

Rob Kearey mammal at optushome.com.au
Tue May 20 07:43:03 EDT 2003

R&J Stuart wrote:

>> Comments on ISPs are actually against the list charter.  I do have an
>> opinion on this particular ISP and will be emailing Tony privately.

> Wasn't this guideline put in place because at the time many humbug list
> members were running small ISPs?

Not just that - some of use were working at biggish ISPs. At any rate,
it can get pretty uncomfortable when certain 'knowledgable' people start
spewing complete bullshit about the place where you work.

Of course, I work for Red Hat now, so THAT'S ALL IN THE PAST.

> This is probably less of an issue now,
> especially with broadband.  Surely people can be responsible enough that
> they will own up to being biased by being on staff (or any other
> affiliations aside from being a customer) with an ISP?

Bias doesn't mean much when you're being accused of being in the secret
employ of Telstra and Microsoft, who pay you in Nazi gold, or something.

> I find discussions on this list of experiences with various ISPs helpful
> when being asked by other people about broadband alternatives (though I
> do recommend they look at whirlpool and broadbandchoice).

And there's your answer - more complete forums already exist, and they
should be used instead.

--
Rob K
http://members.optusnet.com.au/mammal/