[H-GEN] Recommendations for a cheap internal modem which works with Linux and Windows

tony st s4565 at lycos.co.uk
Sun Mar 16 22:01:45 EST 2003

Hi

Well....my ADSL application got rejected today from internode on the
basis that I have an Optus line.  Since I dont want a 12 month contract
with Optus Cable...I think my only alternative is to use dialup.  So I am
after recommendations for a cheap internal modem which will work
under linux and windows.  I am not really up to date with whats in
modems nowadays...but I do know I want it to support V.90, V.92(?),
flex, and fax.  Is there any other modem functions I should be looking
for?  Also....even though I am not really after an external modem...any
suggestions?
If you have any to avoid, please tell me also.

Thanks for your help!

Tony

When words aren't enough - Vodafone live! A new world of colour, sounds, picture messages and information on your mobile. <a href="http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;4909903;7724245;q?http://www.vodafone.co.uk/live">
Click here</a> to find out more.