[H-GEN] I need access to a Mac running OS X.

David Seikel won_fang at yahoo.com.au
Tue Mar 11 23:23:04 EST 2003

Since OS X is a version of Unix, this is on topic B-).

After I had been making a little bit of noise on a certain mailing list,
Apples Java product manager has asked me for my opinion about their latest
version of Java for Mac OS X that was released yesterday.  I have no Mac,
and I had mentioned that on the list.  However, I do develop cross platform
Java that should work anywhere.  On the mailing list I was complaining
about inconsitancies in their Java implementation that I had noticed
whenever I get a chance to test under Mac OS.

So, I need a Mac to test this new stuff on.  I have noticed that a few
people tend to bring Macs to the HUMBUG meetings, and I was wondering if
one of them could bring one to the next meeting on Saturday for me to use
for a few hours?  It needs Mac OS X of course, and I would install J2SE
1.4.1 from http://developer.apple.com/java/, matrix-DFS (I gave a talk
about that late last year), and jEdit (my favourite Java editor) on it.

Since I am currently doing portability checking on matrix-DFS anyway, this
fits in well with my development schedule.  The result will be that the
next release of matrix-DFS will be more portable than the last version
(I've been using the P100 kindly donated by Mr Baggins to do Windows
testing recently).  It would help if I could do Mac testing on a semi
regular basis.