[H-GEN] Onboard network cards

Alex Delaforce alextdel at bigpond.net.au
Sun Mar 9 05:33:57 EST 2003

Hello Robert,
Thanks for answering. I have attached the output of:
dmesg - boot.message
interrupts - interrupts.message

I can't see much to do with the eth0. Generally there are a lot of
"fails" and "unable to"s . The file spends 16 lines telling me that
ide-scsi commands are unsupported with various errors in sectors 64 to
78??

Running /sbin/ifconfig eth0 192.168.254.1 up, gives the following:
/sbin/ifconfig eth0 192.168.254.1 up
SIOCSIFADDR: Permission denied
Eth0: unknown interface: No such device
Eth0: unknown interface: No such device

Sorry to take so long but I have learned to day how to output to a file
and how to copy to a floppy. Really basic stuff but....

Thanks again.

Alex Delaforce
[alextdel at bigpond.net.au][dir.tech.ormistoncollege.com]
Phone (H) 07-3820 2210